Re: DSM: The Value of the Sudbury Model

From: Alan Klein (Alan@klein.net)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 08:58:05 EDT

David,

Marko said, "I would want our school to be government funded, so that
everybody regardless of their economic status could take advantage of the
model."

You responded, "Marko, evidently you are guided by the statist ideology".

What a leap! What he said was that he did not want individuals to have to
come up with the tuition (on top of taxes they pay) for the schooling they
want. Is your belief system one that holds that anything other than strict
anarchic-Libertarianism is Statism? If so, then I understand your response.
If not, then I submit that all he is saying is that, if a society decides
that education is a community responsibility that should be paid for through
taxes, then democratic schools should be allowed to be part of that system.

~Alan Klein