Re: DSM: The Value of the Sudbury Model

From: David Rovner (rovners@netvision.net.il)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 07:55:52 EDT

Marko Koskinen wrote:

>This is also the main reason why I would want our school to be
>government funded, so that everybody regardless of their economic status
>could take advantage of the model.

Marko, evidently you are guided by the statist ideology:
meaning that you believe the state should solve the problems
of a certain sector of the population -- the economically
weak in this case, but not necessarily being always the
case -- with the means of the economically stronger sector
of the population.
In a statist ideology, the state "buys" the loyalty and
support of some groups with money extorted from others.

Is that the "Brave New World" were we would want to live?

David Rovner rovners@netvision.net.il