Re: DSM: about Sudbury model

From: Podway / Van Dertol Family (robinsp@gateway.net)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 20:36:30 EDT

John,

What is the environment or circumstance in which you are working with these children?

I wonder how much family role models play a part in this whole picture. I, too, have experienced kids, left to their own devices, being both inspired to read & to snowboard & never only to snowboard. But the families (adults) that I've been exposed to are well educated themselves & passionately believe in a profound respect for children, and consequently this type of philosophy. Is that the case with these families?

Robin