Re: DSM: Re: name calling and swearing (FWD)

From: Alan Klein (Alan@klein.net)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 14:41:00 EDT

John,

As you yourself point out, the fact that "'nigger' was never a 'bad' word"
to you is not the point. The point is what effect you are after (and what
affect)...to hurt someone or to communicate your feelings or to communicate
an idea, etc.

In our house, words are words and we use them all, or at least all are
equally allowed. I notice, however, that none of our three kids (24, 22, and
15) swear a lot, or even noticably.

~Alan