Re: DSM: Sudbury: philosophy or model?

Mike Sadofsky (sadofsky@mediaone.net)
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 20:29:10 -0500

Hi Patrick,

Sudbury is both a philosophy and a practice.
It has little in common with Montessori or Waldorf or mainstream
schooling. In my concept it is a community that offers kids the
opportunity to develop as people.

One attempt to contrast Sudbury with other schools appears on
http://www.fairhavenschool.com/frameset.htm
Look at the paper "OK, So Your Sort of Like ..."
And read the papers available at
http://www.sudval.org/
You'll find a wealth of material is available that describes the
thinking behind the Sudbury model as well as the practical aspects of
learning and developing in a Sudbury model school.

Good luck,
Mike