DSM: Core Group

Mitch Berg (mitch@usinternet.com)
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:20:47 -0600

I have a question which is both practical and utterly academic: What sort
of core group do you need to get an actual school going?

I'm pondering the notion of trying to find some other like-minded people and
looking into starting a Sudbury school one of these years, and I'm
wondering - in the experience of those of you who've been there, what mix of
skills and talents do you see being necessary to successfully launch a
Sudbury school?

A well-publicized series of charter school failures in Saint Paul (where I
live) has me thinking "Accountant" might be one niche that needs filling.

Any other ideas, from your experience?

Mitch Berg
Saint Paul