DSM: Re: open building

Kristin Harkness (kristin@harkness.net)
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 09:46:45 -0500

Jessica,

I'll let others explain how this works in a Sudbury school, as I have no
direct experience there. However, I did attend a private boarding school
(some time ago) which had elaborate procedures for this sort of event. In
my junior year there was a bomb scare which caused them to evacuate all of
the dormitories; everyone spent the night in the gym. Everyone, that is,
except me. I was sound asleep in my bed the next morning when my pals
returned from their night on the basketball court floor. I had gone to bed
very early the evening before, and was somehow overlooked. The school's
reaction to this, by the way, was to blame me for sleeping too soundly!

Along these lines, I left every school which I attended without permission,
more than once. I don't recall ever being caught. So, just because a
school purports to know where students are doesn't mean they actually do.

There are no Sudbury schools in Indiana (at least not that I am aware of).

Kristin Harkness