Re: DSM: why democracy

John Axtell (newlife@theofficenet.com)
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 18:40:32 -0800

Joe,

That is exactly what I am asking. It also has to do with the division of
labor as well as assuming that those elected to responsible positions and who
are accountable to the electorate will make the effort to spend more time
learning about their area of responsibility than the general population.

I disagree with your use of the term "more capable". I feel I am as capable
as my congressman, who I relate to well, but I have "hired" him to work for
me to get a specific job done so I can do other work. I feel the same way
toward my county commissioners.

John