Re: DSM: about Sudbury model

Mitch Berg (mitch@usinternet.com)
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 20:25:26 -0600

I'm relatively new to "alternative" (yeah, I know) education. I've been
looking for Sudbury-model schools in my area. There are none - but I've
run across several schools that seem to be in varying degrees democratic.

In my months of lurking on this list, I've noticed a few posts that
mentioned other democratic school models that are similar to Sudbury. I
was wondering - does anyone have any sort primer or glossary as to the
various other models of democratic schools, and the ways in which they
differ from Sudbury schools?

Thanks in advance.