DSM: RE: Re: What Small Adjustment??

Joe Jackson (shoeless@jazztbone.com)
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 14:17:56 -0500

Alan,

I did not mean to imply that the model was born solely from experience and
method, but that the valuable thing about it is how well it works. The
model thrives and grows for the reason that it is so effective in practice,
not because it is philosophically the most "defendable" model.

Building an educational paradigm from the ground up using only philosophical
principles is like building a car at a salad bar. I'm pleased as punch that
SV got it right, but IMO the value of the school is in how well it works.

Joe