Re: DSM: Re: RE: JC and SM

John Axtell (newlife@theofficenet.com)
Mon, 05 Mar 2001 09:47:40 -0800

Walter,

I think problem solving is not an inward process it is an external process.
First no problem occurs unless there is external input. A PS is needed (ie. a
third party) who is skilled in conflict resolution, conflict both between
people and within oneself.

Punishment is defined by the person being punished. I know kids that spanking
was the highlight of their day because they were finally the center of
attention. Fear is not a very effective motivator but it may, in some cases, be
a good controller, or preventor of behavior.

John Axtell