Re: DSM: RE: JC and SM

John Axtell (newlife@theofficenet.com)
Mon, 05 Mar 2001 09:47:33 -0800

Ah - Joe has clarified the situation. Thank you Joe.

Which is at the heart of my concern for the JC process and the limiting power
of the democracy. The JC, just like a court of law, is not concerned with the
individual, but the act and the violation of a group norm, a limitation of
individual freedom.

The JC is not about individual growth, but of limitation of individual freedom,
and that folks it why the JC concept must be questioned as a vehicle of
individual freedom.

The JC it is said is not about disputes, but what else can it be when a person,
exercising his free will is brought before other individuals to be "punished"
for the expression of his free will which others have decided he has no right
to express within their society but a dispute.

The next question is why is anyone who is involved in one of our "schools"
concerned about anything but the growth of the individual. If a person wants a
school where the concern is laws and the violation of those laws they can go to
any good public school.

Has anyone thought about running a "school" as a participatory dictatorship?

John Axtell