Re: DSM: DEMOCRACY, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AND STANDARDIZATION IN EDUCATION

Freekids@aol.com
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 00:06:28 EST

Hi,

This is Stuart. Concerning my last post, Alan asks:

<< While I found John's remarks bewildering and offensive, I am utterly
 perplexed at your logic here. How can it be that, just because someone would
 have been executed for their remarks in the past, they are wrong (or at
 least "overstated") now?>>

Because John's point was that America isn't free. The fact that he is free to
say that, however, demonstrates that he actually possesses a high degree of
freedom, relative to people living in other times and places.