Re: DSM: DEMOCRACY, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AND STANDARDIZATION IN EDUCATION

Alan Klein (Alan@klein.net)
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 21:15:48 -0500

Stuart,

While I found John's remarks bewildering and offensive, I am utterly
perplexed at your logic here. How can it be that, just because someone would
have been executed for their remarks in the past, they are wrong (or at
least "overstated") now?

John was clearly wrong to assert that minorities have "passed laws in their
favor that eliminated individuality or individual rights." It is majorities
that pass the laws, whether it be in the Congress or in a SM.

~Alan Klein