Re: DSM: Genes and environment (was: About TCS)

Mike Sadofsky (sadofsky@mediaone.net)
Sun, 04 Mar 2001 10:46:17 -0500

Alan,
While I agree with you that much of the environment is "created" I
want to note that much of what was initially "seeded" at SVS was
quickly eliminated from the environment. When it was discovered that
there was little or no interest in the myriad of materials that were
accumulated and provided as "learning or interest stimulants," it was
quickly recognized that a far better approach was to allow the
interest to develop and let the case then be made to provide an
appropriate environment of tools, materials, etc. Of course, the
books, paints, blocks, have always been there.
Mike