Re: DSM: WARNING: email affected w/virus!!!

Malc (dow@first-ask.de)
Sat, 03 Mar 2001 12:29:01 +0000

Perhaps the list owner would help here by just disabling/disallowing
attachments. They can be a major catastrophe and are anyway quite unnecessary.
In this day and age of unlimited free web space and FTP made easy, there is
no need for anyone on this list to send an attachment.
Malc Dow

At 00:20 03.03.01 -0500, you wrote:
>hello all...just wanted to let y'all know that a message went on out on this
>list yesterday w/an infected attachment. The subject was "DSM: Originality"
>or some variation of that sort. It is said to be the "WScript.KakWorm
>virus". I would suggest that everybody either install virus scanning
>software, or upgrade their existing software(update virus definition files).
>I received about a half dozen copies of the infected attachment, so look
>out! have fun...*Jessica Geyer

Malc Dow
Berlin