RE: DSM: borrowing some material

Mary Ryan Thorup (mryan@anthro.umass.edu)
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 17:37:35 -0500

Regards,

Mary

----------
From: Todd Robinson[SMTP:tsr@speakeasy.net]
Reply To: discuss-sudbury-model@aramis.sudval.org
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 1:15 AM
To: discuss-sudbury-model@aramis.sudval.org
Subject: RE: DSM: borrowing some material

My understanding, from reading the literature, is that an SV model school
does not produce any official evaluation of a student, but that a student
may ask a staff member to write a letter for the student. The letter is a
personal recommendation, not an official one from the school, but I am
assuming the staff member is free to air his or her complete opinion of the
student.

Am I correct in my understanding? If so, does this sort of thing
frequently occur? Does it seem to help?

Todd Robinson