DSM: Re: 60 minutes

Elizabeth Parker (eparker@hurleycomputers.com)
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 18:50:21 -0600

Cindy,

I was in Joliet in late January listening to a talk given by Hanna Greenburg, one of the founders of Sudbury Valley. She indicated that 60 Minutes had already been there and the story would be aired in the next couple months. She also said that the 60 Minutes producer liked the school/ philosophy, and I got the impression that it was going to be a favorable story.

Hope this helps.

Elizabeth
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: CindyK
  To: discuss-sudbury-model@aramis.sudval.org
  Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2001 1:56 PM
  Subject: DSM: 60 minutes

  I heard somewhere (and I completely forget where) that 60 minutes was doing a story on the Sudbury Valley School. Does anyone know if this info is correct?

  If it is, do we know when it will air yet? Has it already been taped? Do we know how they will present the school? ie. If I get everyone to watch it, is it going to show the school positively? Or should I tape it first and show it only once I know how they slant the story?

  I'd appreciate any info anyone has on this. Thanks.

  ~CindyK
  Sudbury, Ontario