DSM: RE: Re: RE: School in Wisconsin

Mary Ryan Thorup (mryan@anthro.umass.edu)
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 15:27:12 -0500

Dear Elizabeth:

I live n Northampton, MA and we are considering starting a school here. But
if Manchester is less than an hour's drive, we would join you in starting a
school...Just wanted to let you know there are people in Western Mass very
excited about either starting a school or doing a very long commute to SVS!

Mary Ryan

----------
From: Elizabeth Parker[SMTP:eparker@hurleycomputers.com]
Reply To: discuss-sudbury-model@aramis.sudval.org
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2001 12:45 PM
To: discuss-sudbury-model@aramis.sudval.org
Subject: DSM: Re: RE: School in Wisconsin

<<File: ATT00000.htm>>
Hi! Thanks for your message.

I'm just starting the process. I ordered the kit from Sudbury Valley this
week and so now I'm really going to proceed! (It's a little scary!) I've
mostly just read some of the books, talked to a few people at other Sudbury
schools, mainly in Illinois, and garnered a little interest with a couple
of people I know. My main motivation, of course, is the school which both
of my boys attend and which I don't like and don't want them attending.
 While another public school may be somewhat better, I just don't believe
in public education anymore.

Good luck to you! (You can always come to Wisconsin!)