DSM: RE: Re: RE: School in Wisconsin

Alan Gabelsberg (argable@swbell.net)
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 13:20:19 -0600

What is it that most bothers you about your sonís school? (I am interested
in this from a teacherís and a parentís perspective, since I taught 6th
grade in public school for 3 Ĺ years and am now a parent of 2 boys).

Part of my motivation is also to have a better option for my own children to
attend a place of true learning and respect.

Laura

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-discuss-sudbury-model@aramis.sudval.org
[mailto:owner-discuss-sudbury-model@aramis.sudval.org]On Behalf Of Elizabeth
Parker
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2001 11:46 AM
To: discuss-sudbury-model@aramis.sudval.org
Subject: DSM: Re: RE: School in Wisconsin

Hi! Thanks for your message.

I'm just starting the process. I ordered the kit from Sudbury Valley this
week and so now I'm really going to proceed! (It's a little scary!) I've
mostly just read some of the books, talked to a few people at other Sudbury
schools, mainly in Illinois, and garnered a little interest with a couple of
people I know. My main motivation, of course, is the school which both of
my boys attend and which I don't like and don't want them attending. While
another public school may be somewhat better, I just don't believe in public
education anymore.

Good luck to you! (You can always come to Wisconsin!)