DSM: Re: RE: School in Wisconsin

Elizabeth Parker (eparker@hurleycomputers.com)
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 11:45:58 -0600

Hi! Thanks for your message.

I'm just starting the process. I ordered the kit from Sudbury Valley this week and so now I'm really going to proceed! (It's a little scary!) I've mostly just read some of the books, talked to a few people at other Sudbury schools, mainly in Illinois, and garnered a little interest with a couple of people I know. My main motivation, of course, is the school which both of my boys attend and which I don't like and don't want them attending. While another public school may be somewhat better, I just don't believe in public education anymore.

Good luck to you! (You can always come to Wisconsin!)
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Alan Gabelsberg
  To: discuss-sudbury-model@aramis.sudval.org
  Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 7:26 AM
  Subject: DSM: RE: School in Wisconsin

  How far long are you in the process? I am in the Houston area, and I have really only just begun my researching process. I am a former public school teacher who has seen first hand how and why the current system does not work. I am truly motivated to do something different in my field.

  Best wishes to you..

  Laura