DSM: support for our school

Connie Shaw (ordinary_person@email.msn.com)
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 16:54:46 -0700

For anyone in the Boulder, CO area who wants to see a Sudburyesque school
here, here's a chance to do something about it. We have our final hearing
tomorrow at 2:00 at the Boulder County Courthouse on 16th Street, which will
determine whether the school can be located on our site. If you can come and
make a brief statement on our behalf, or send an email to the Land Use Dept.
supporting our school, it would be extremely appreciated. Details follow.

Thank you!

Connie Shaw
-------------
Dear Friends of the Living School,

We need your help -- urgently -- with the following:

We are in the final stage of the County use review to locate at 4586 N. 95th
Street, Boulder County

It is critical that the Living School demonstrate support for locating at
this site, and without such a showing of support, projects are typically
turned down by the County Commissioners.

The Living School is at great risk of losing its new home without your
support.

***Please help by attending and speaking at the Boulder County Commissioners
meeting on Feb 13 at 2pm (Hearing Room, 3rd Floor, County Courthouse,
Boulder
--between Pearl and Spruce/ 13th and 14th St downtown)
Community support is essential to the the approval of this project.

***Please help by emailing a short letter of support for the Living School
locate at 4586 N. 95th Street, Boulder County. Send emails to Lisa
Bloom-Pruitt at: lbplu@co.boulder.co.us) Here is a sample text of a letter,
please feel free to cut and paste, modify as you want.

"Dear Lisa Bloom- Pruitt,
I am sending this e-mail in support of the proposal that the Living School
locate at 4586 N. 95th Street, Boulder County. Since the education of our
children is a critical part of our community, a school is an asset to every
neighborhood. Boulder County is in need of more schools and, most
importantly, innovative schools. The Living School proposes to provide a
great service to our children and I encourage you to approve this worthy
project.
Sincerely,
Name
Address"

Thank you for your help. Please forward this to any friend who might be
interested.

PS-- 1)playgroup every Friday for kids 2-5
2) next organizational meeting, Wed Feb 28, 7:30-8:30

Ana Dayva
The Living School
P O Box 505
Niwot, CO 80544