Re: DSM: Sudbury Schools in an Urban setting

Susan Jarquin (jarquin@pacbell.net)
Mon, 05 Feb 2001 10:35:25 -0800

Thank you Stuart,
    Isn't this the beauty of it all? No one person is the dictator. We can
truly agree to disagree.
    I recently went to a PTA meeting at a small religious private school. I
will not forget the looks on the other attendees faces when I raised my hand and
tried to publicly disagree with something. (I don't even remember what it was.)
Noone would even address that any statement was made and they moved on to the
next order of business. I couldn't even imagine trying to get anything changed
in a public school environment.
    If we truly believe the SVS philosophy then we really are all learners and
teachers regardless of our age. Right? We can come to the Assembly meeting and
come to this listserve and voice our questions and receive some opinions and
make up our own minds.
Susan