Re: DSM: Sudbury Schools in an Urban setting

Kristin Harkness (kristin@harkness.net)
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 11:49:56 -0500

Prohibido1,

To me it sure looks like any "attacks" came from you! From your earlier
posts on this topic:

"they punished the child to protect the school, essentially ... But whatever
the school decides, It should be able to back it up without
using the children as scapegoats"

"He DID NOT break a rule. They had to look for a rule to charge him with
... Whatever rules the
school has or does not have it is responsible for following those statutes
just as the child is bound to"

"The school didn't look good. The child was finally charged with dangerous
behavior, AFTER the school looked bad. The dangerous
behavior that he exhibited was walking off campus to his home. There was an
open campus policy. He DID NOT break a rule. It was a vague charge at
best"

As Dan Greenberg said, these are serious charges. In response, Joe put
forward facts which made it clear that they were baseless and I, for one,
was glad to hear it.

You certainly have an interesting approach to 'promoting the model'.
Kristin Harkness