Re: DSM: Sudbury Schools in an Urban setting

Prohibido1@aol.com
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 19:02:00 EST

In a message dated 2/4/01 8:17:50 AM Pacific Standard Time, bsmith@coin.org
writes:

<<
 I have a very hard time believing that a student was suspended without
 having broken a rule! >>

Bruce,

  He DID NOT break a rule. They had to look for a rule to charge him with.
I remember very well what I was told by staff members and the child. They
were beside themselves about what to do about the child running off. They
had to think of something. So, they did.

Sud schools aren't perfect. Why should they be? I'm not trying to down a
school.
I don't want to argue. You miss my point. My point is: Whatever rules the
school has or does not have it is responsible for following those statutes
just as the child is bound to. The school as a body has responsibilities
too.

I think we're beating a dead horse here. I'm finished with the discussion.