Re: DSM: Sudbury Schools in an Urban setting

Michelle Patzke (jjmp@voyager.net)
Sun, 04 Feb 2001 17:55:29 -0600

To add to Bruce at AVS comment on LVS about open campus, he stated:

>At Liberty Valley a
>few years back, students had to sign in and out for open campus, on a sheet
>next to where they signed in and out for the day. They didn't have to say
>where they were going, or how long they'd be gone, but at least we'd know
>who was on campus at any given time. >

We still have this procedure. It is done so if there is an emergency or
fire or a parent comes in or calls and we cannot locate a student, we know
if they are on open campus or not. Sometimes it is used in monitoring
"regular attendance".

Michelle
LVS