Re: DSM: Sudbury Schools in an Urban setting

Kristin Harkness (kristin@harkness.net)
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 11:11:03 -0500

Even if a school has an open campus policy, the rules, including personal
safely, still apply. Which means that a student who uses the open campus
policy can still be brought up for a personal safety violation. It all
depends on what the student does while off campus. In what you have
presented of this situation, I am not convinced that there is conflict here
between the policy and the actions of the JC. We do not know all the facts,
so we do not know why the JC considered this student's actions to be
dangerous.

Kristin Harkness