DSM: Thank You...

CindyK (cindyk@unitz.on.ca)
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 09:17:13 -0500

I am in amazment at the founders of Sudbury Valley School. What a vision! Thank you all so much for such a wonderful example. I just got my two books that I had ordered. I checked the mail at 8pm last night and they were there! I devoured Free At Last. I stayed up till midnight to finish it. It was absolutely brilliant. I can't wait to start on Kingdom of Childhood today. From reading the books it seems like Sudbury Valley is even more incredible than I had ever imagined. The more I read (and I devour all reading material like the Tasmanian Devil!) the more I just love the school. I don't know how anyone could not want a school like this. I am even more determined to get a school going here in Sudbury, Ontario Canada.

I have my first public information meeting this Saturday and I am pumped with all the info. I hope to raise the $650 cnd it's going to cost to get the start up kit. I think that having a country setting with the possibility for children to roam a little is essential to the school. I would love to find a place with lots of room, full of waiting adventures. Sudbury is quite sprawled out and it may mean a big travelling distance for the kids. Is it worth the risk of having people be turned away by the distance. I just can't imagine a school being quite as effective with no space for the kids to explore. For those of you with schools, do you find that the country setting lures them or sends them away? Are there any schools with no space for the kids and how well have they done?

Thanks again!
CindyK