Re: DSM: dancing

Prohibido1@aol.com
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 09:35:41 EST

In a message dated 1/22/01 11:25:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ajulienne@bigpond.com writes:

<< This is being passive, it's not the same as being non-coercive.
 Anne

Anne,

There is nothing passive in allowing your child to think on his/her own.
It's one of the most difficult things I've ever done. It's active indeed. I
have to actively stand back, watch, learn, know when to stay out of it and
know when to get into his space.
If you'd ask any staff member of a Sud school, they would probably tell you
that their jobs are anything but passive. They work hard, as do we parents
who believe in the same things for our children. And now, my child can
venture forward into new things that interest him. I worked very hard living
with my anxieties about his reading status. He worked very hard dealing with
the frustrations of not being able to read. He then actively learned to
read. What do you see passive in that? :)