Re: DSM: dancing

Anne and Theo Julienne (ajulienne@bigpond.com)
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:10:34 +1100

"The future of Summerhill itself may be of little import. But the future of
the Summerhill idea is of the greatest importance to humanity. New
generations must be given the chance to grow in freedom. The bestowal of
freedom is the bestowal of love. And only love can save the world."
A.S. Neill: "Summerhill: A radical approach to education."

Candy, as the above shows, Neill had more in mind than the happiness of a
few kids. But I agree with you that it will happen one-at-a-time, bit by
bit. BTW I share your cynicism about education for social change, at least
in the sense that education cannot be relied on as a single tool to achieve
an effect. It is important and many perceive it (perhaps naively) as
fundamental. Anne