Re: DSM: dancing

The Highland School (highland@ruralnet.org)
Fri, 04 Jan 1980 06:05:40 -0500

Hi Anne,
  One more thought, I am more cynical that you are about the role of
education in social change. I haven't seen much evidence of schools
being out front in bringing about important changes. On the contrary,
schools (at least in this country) have a history of reflecting our
current or even past social values. I think that A.S. Neill's goal of
giving a few kids a chance to be happy may be more realistic, than
dreams of sweeping social change. I am naive enough to think, though,
that individual kids raised in a free, democratic environment will
one-at-a-time change the world. Candy