Re: DSM: dancing

Kristin Harkness (kristin@harkness.net)
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 10:12:23 -0500

I found this interesting, in that my views are quite opposed. The
description of "general knowledge" below, summarized as "a man who knows
almost nothing about almost everything" is exactly what I am not seeking. I
value a deep understanding of subjects of interest over a shallow
understanding of "what everyone should know". Practically speaking, I also
believe that as time passes we aquire that shallow understanding anyway,
just by living in the "information age".

Kristin