Re: DSM: Consensus v. Majority Vote

Anne and Theo Julienne (ajulienne@bigpond.com)
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 19:07:46 +1100

Dana,
As Jerry writes in that essay:
"We often had meetings that lasted the entire Monday morning and Friday
morning, sometimes spilling over into the afternoons. "
It takes time, lots of time, to secure consensus-style decisions. That's why
simple majority voting is so popular. Autocratic, dictatorial
decision-making is even more time-efficient, hence its popularity in certain
contexts.
Survival involves a balanced blend of all styles appropriately applied.
Anne