Re: DSM: Consensus v. Majority Vote

Dana Matthew Bennis (dbennis@umich.edu)
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 19:38:26 -0500

How about making decisions in such a way that combines some features of
both majority and consensus voting? One possible blending is described on
this website:

http://www.edrev.org/shaker_mt_democracy.html

Essentially, it involves majority vote. However, those who voted in the
minority were asked if they wanted to explain why they voted that way, and
after further discussion there could be another vote. (take a look at the
site for a more detailed description).

What does everyone think about this?

Dana