Re: DSM: dancing

Prohibido1@aol.com
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 17:23:27 EST

In a message dated 1/20/01 12:19:38 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ajulienne@bigpond.com writes:

<< I guess that what I'm really probing is this:
 My son and I are planning on starting a new school here in Sydney.
 The "democratic" processes so far consist of consensus decision-making often
 in an informal setting, but then ratified at a more formal meeting at which
 Minutes are taken. >>

Anne,
The democratic process in a Sud school is one person, one vote, and the
majority rules. Concensus is not really democratic. Personally, I prefer
concensus to J.C.. Although, J.C. has it merits, if needed. Concensus
invites the relationship between people, whereas, J.C. is primarily used for
settling disputes and punishment.