Re: DSM: Re: Subtle Coercion?

Prohibido1@aol.com
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 10:11:44 EST

In a message dated 1/10/01 11:07:02 AM Eastern Standard Time,
joseph@ivorycc.com writes:

<< In practice, the underlying question is totally practical: can you, Mr. or
 Ms Student, follow the rules well enough so that the rest of us can at least
 tolerate your presence in this little community?

I disagree. I think the underlying question is, "Do I, as a staff member or
a student know how to relate with people without labeling them or intruding
on their person."
And I would choose acceptance rather than tolerance. Most people exhibit
intolerant behavior at one time or another. Therefore, JC.

I now see Scott's point regarding his being integral and congruent in
communication with others. I've made a turnabout there.