Re: DSM: : DSM: RE: pre-Sudbury parental coduc

Rayner Garner (intuit@ncal.verio.com)
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 22:34:25 -0800

There was some research carried out in the 70's I think. A variety of
foods were laid out and children of varying ages were allowed to choose
for themselves. After a few months it was noticed that the children were
choosing from a variety of food groups and were instinctively eating an
excellently balanced selection of food.

When our daughter reached one day for solid food from our place we let
her take whatever she wanted. She basically gnawed on it as we didn't
cut it up in any way. As she still had plenty of breast milk to nourish
her we were not concerned as to whether she received much nourishment
from her munching.

Neither of our daughters were troubled by teething difficulties or
showed signs of distress from teeth emerging.
Rayner Garner