DSM: Ответ: DSM: RE: pre-Sudbury parental coduc

Anna Babina (annababina@yandex.ru)
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:24:28 +0300

Cary,
I also Love discussing this sort of things.
I strongly believe that children want to see all the world happy. I also
believe that even a little baby acts conciously and can
make a serious choice. We can get the same result by punishment and by
cooperating. In first case the kid will decide that she'd better do as
mother says or... In the second case the child will find it important to do
so to make mother happy. It's not manipulation.
Example. My son is nearly 11 months now. When his first teeth were going to
appear (4 months) he bit my breast terribly. Women know what it's like. I
said firm "don't"s, my mother said she slapped my face or bottom in these
cases but it didn't help. But once I simply started crying and told my son
that I feel so unhappy. I did it three times and he never bit me anymore
though he chews everything in the house. If he feels discomfort in the dents
he stops eating bites a pillow or something else and only after that
continues.

Anna
Moscow