Re: DSM: RE: pre-Sudbury parental conduct

Prohibido1@aol.com
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 20:17:45 EST

In a message dated 1/10/01 3:58:16 PM Pacific Standard Time,
sdg@aramis.sudval.org writes:

<<
 I refuse students all the time. When little kids ask me to read to them,
 they know (or quickly learn), that I do not want to spend time reading to
 just one or two people at a time, and that I generally refuse to read
 Richard Scarry books or "The Magic Schoolbus." Students know that I am
 easier to draw into a conversation about politics or philosophy, than a
 discussion about art.

This sounds awfully cold to me, since I know of very few, if any, little
children who wish to indulge in politics. And just how do you measure
importance to a child?