DSM: Fairhaven Questions

CindyK (cindyk@unitz.on.ca)
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 18:54:34 -0500

I just visited the Fairhaven site and had time to check it out a little. I am quite impressed. I have a few questions and I was going to ask them direct but decided to use this list because I know that others are looking for startup info as well. And I know that Joe is on the list.

I looked at the time line of the school startup and thought it was great. What was the "Brick by Brick" fundraising campaign? What is 501(c)(3) status? The timeline said that the board of ed rejected the application for a private school - why? How did the school come into being then? What changed? Why is Fairhaven a corporation and not a not-for profit one? What are the disadvantages and advantages of that?

I think I remember that you said that you weren't involved in the startup of the school, but maybe you know the answers to my questions. One more: How did the part time school in the home work out? How many kids were there? How was it set up?

Thanks in advance for all the info!

~CindyK