Re: DSM: RE: Subtle Coercion?

Msadofsky@aol.com
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 21:34:32 EST

In a message dated 1/6/2001 11:04:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ordinary_person@email.msn.com writes:

> I find it
> interesting that children are given so much respect in the Sudbury model,
> and yet so much care seems to be taken not to do anything which might have

This is not my experience of the model at all. Care is taken not to do
anything which FORCES children to do or experience anything they don't want
to do or experience (except respecting others). Willy nilly, millions of
things have an effect on everyone around. Every conversation, for instance.
Mimsy