Re: DSM: Interest increasing?

The Booroobin Sudbury School (booroobin@squirrel.com.au)
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 12:10:33 +1000

Hi,
Dennis said:
>The main difference between Summerhill and Sudbury Valley School is that
staff are
> hired and fired by staff and students at the latter and not the former.
And the School is owned by a person in the former, and not a democratic
entity as in the latter. In addition, the budget is decided by the adults
in the former, but in the latter it is formulated by the SM comprising
elected Staff and Students and finally approved by the Assembly. These are
reasonably significant differences.
Regards, Derek
The Booroobin Sudbury School
http://booroobinschool.squirrel.com.au