Re: DSM: Interest increasing?

The Booroobin Sudbury School (booroobin@squirrel.com.au)
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 11:32:15 +1000

Hi,
It was said that:
> I guess I compare JC with our democratic judicial system. Probably not
fair
> to do that. But, In the SM model, there is a defendant, a prosecution
and a
> jury. But, there is no active defense. The plaintiff brings in
witnesses.
> The defendant doesn't. I just think this is an important part of a
judicial
> system. That a defendant has representation other than him/herself, makes
> sense to me.
At TBSS the SM agreed to a Rule and process that any person attending the JC
may be represented by an Attorney of their choice drawn from amongst Members
of the SM. In the many months since this was introduced, there may have
been no more than 1 or 2 occasions out of the stacks of Complaints that the
JC deals with, that an Attorney has been sought. I beleive that at least
SVS, and possibly others, provide for this. Like anything else within SVM
Schools, it only takes a Motion from a SM Member to introduce this, for
there to be debate and a decision.
Regards, Derek
The Booroobin Sudbury School
http://booroobinschool.squirrel.com.au