Re: DSM: Interest increasing?

The Booroobin Sudbury School (booroobin@squirrel.com.au)
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 11:18:48 +1000

Hi,
It was written that:
>The idea of the ombudsman isn't to empower people. It's used to aid those
who need it, help in understanding and being heard in proceedings.<
Then I think it disempowers people. Asking questions from a variety of
people whether Students or Staff and then in the SM, or the SM Chairperson
(in those Schools where there is a serving SM Chair), or of the JC Clerks in
a SVM School will provide the answers. Each person needs to develop their
own meaning of things. Its not necessarily the same. The people who need
to understand and be heard will realise that all it takes is to communicate
their need, and it will be soon responded to. Summerhill's decision to
appoint an Ombudsman obviously fills a need they had.
The Booroobin Sudbury School
http://booroobinschool.squirrel.com.au
Ph/fax +61 07 5499 9944