Re: DSM: pre-Sudbury parental conduct

Prohibido1@aol.com
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 16:33:51 EST

In a message dated 1/6/01 5:23:41 PM Pacific Standard Time, cathy@indra.com
writes:

<< So how does one treat a baby when one espouses the philosophy of Sudbury?
 Do you clap and say "Good job!" when the baby hits the peg on the head or
 goes potty, or do you just look at them stony-faced? Somewhere in the
 middle, I would think, but what is that? I'm interested in hearing how
 people who have been through this with their own babies have experienced it.

"Your Self-Confident Baby", by Magda Gerber and "Nighttime Parenting", by La
Leche League have been helpful for me.