RE: DSM: Subtle Coercion?

Joe Jackson (shoeless@jazztbone.com)
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 12:16:07 -0500

> But, for example, if a
> student wants to learn yoga or pottery, and the school is too
> small for that
> to happen, would it work for the student to take a yoga or pottery class
> being offered outside the school?

Connie, that is a core function of what happens at the SM school. It goes
on all the time. We have a weekly horseback riding class that happens at
local stables. And while our yoga and pottery have taken place inside the
school, there are plenty of other examples where students leave campus to
learn and/or "apprentice". Sometimes they get funding for it from SM, other
times they get partial or no SM funding and have to come up with the
balance.

-Joe