RE: DSM: Interest increasing?

Joe Jackson (shoeless@jazztbone.com)
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 14:26:44 -0500

> 1: Not every person agrees with Joe's definition of a Sudbury Model
> school. Any institution that is considering calling itself a "Sudbury
> Model school" will have to reach its own judgements about what the term
> means, and what it thinks others who read its literature will thank that
> means.

I absolutely agree. I hope everyone realizes that I am speaking for myself
and not anyone else, and that I tend to be a bit more absolute than most
about the elements, such as democracy and student-initiation, that would
*rule out* a school as SM, in the interest of avoiding dilution of the
importance of them to the success of the model.

-Joe