Re: DSM: Interest increasing?

Susan Jarquin (jarquin@pacbell.net)
Fri, 05 Jan 2001 05:10:07 -0800

<snip from message>
So, my question now is, is it helpful to use the label? I'd be interested to
hear what people on this list have to say about this. In talking to people
about the Living School, I find that when I mention Sudbury, very few people
have heard of it. For those that have, it does offer a good reference point
for what we're about. For those who haven't, there is the possibility that
they will look at the SVS website and learn more.
<end snip from message, shown in it's entirety in this e-mail>

Susan here in Los Angeles, California.

This week I signed up my kids under an umbrella school in California. I advised
the administrator that I was considering becoming a Founder for a Sudbury
school. Her eyes became wide and said you mean there are more than the one in
Sudbury, Massachusetts. She followed by saying I have people who might be
interested. She stated that she wasn't knowledgeable about the model but had
interest because of an author by the name of John Gotto's favorable words about
it.

I have ordered one of his books and her group has a discussion group that meets
weekly. I will report back after reading his material.

Susan