DSM: Another List?

CindyK (cindyk@unitz.on.ca)
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 09:59:48 -0500

  -Robert Murphy
  Cedarwood Staff wrote:

  What community?
  Where are you?

  I'm in Sudbury Ontario, Canada. There are about 130,000 people in the region.

  How's it going so far?

  I have a date for a meeting on January 27 2001. I had to find a bigger place for it because even if just the people I know are interested come, It's too much for my house!

  PS Have you gotten answers to your question about the other list?

  Yes, I was informed that once I buy the start up kit, I can join the other list. I was also told that the instructions for starting are included with the kit. One of the reasons for holding my first information meeting is to raise the money for this kit. All of us together should be able to pitch in enough to pay for it.

  How have others in the past found out who was interested in having a Sudbury Model School in the community. I am holding this public meeting and I'm going to advertise it as best I can. Actually, there is a reporter with the local paper who is going to do a story on it so that should get the word out. I'm just afraid that someone may come forward and try to stop me before I even get started. I am just walking through my fear and taking it one step at a time. Any suggestions or comments?

  Thanks
  CindyK