Re: DSM: Interest increasing?

cathy@indra.com
Wed, 03 Jan 2001 23:07:46 -0700

Karen, here is some information about Blue Mountain School in Oregon--I
wrote asking for information and here's a bit of it which might interest
you...

"Regulations--We have to abide by the contract we signed with the district. We
have to abide by the state laws regarding safety and non-discriminatory
practices. We have to administer state tests (3rd, 5th, 8th and 10th grade)
...and the children don't have to take them (that's so for all the kids in the
state...most districts don't tell the parents that). We have to pass the
results of the tests to the families, student and parent. We don't even keep
copies of the results. "

I don't know what Minnesota's laws are regarding this, and you might have
already explored that...but I thought I'd share this lovely little loophole.